Every big idea starts with a small spark – Check out this event about content marketing after the jump.
On its second offering, the SPARK Training and Ideation Event features Content Marketing Workshop with some of the Philippine internet and mobile marketing industry’s top names including Carlo Ople (business unit head of online publishing, TV5), Maria Ressa (executive director and CEO, Rappler.com), Jos Ortega (chairman and CEO, Havas Media Ortega), and Yves Gonzales (head of communications group, MMDA). This event is definitely one that many of the country’s companies and marketing practitioners can draw a lot from. I am particularly interested in finding out what the ideal framework should be for effective internet marketing as well as in learning about the measurement tools and performance metrics. Here’s what the event is all about:
- The New Media Channels – the new media has been here and the marketing practitioners in the country would best benefit from recognizing the various ways by which these channels can be utilized to reach their target markets, increase awareness, engage participation, and encourage purchase behavior. Among the many content marketing channels that will be discussed during the workshop are: online communities, webcasts and podcasts, webinars, and videos.
- The Experience– sharing their experiences in content marketing are experts from Rappler.com (Maria Ressa), Nestle (Ricky Baisas), and MMDA (Yves Gonzales). To be discussed are topics such as:
- how Rappler is able to come up with content that engages its audiences
- how MMDA was able to put together a Twitter team and their experiences in managing their own content as well as those that their audiences tweet them about
- and how Nestle has been able to draw their customers with their interactive content complete with contests and rewards.
- The Success Measures – no marketing initiative is ever undertaken without some form of post-mortem analysis. Marketing professionals need to know how effective their campaigns were in producing the results that they want. Internet marketing is no different. Jos Ortega will tackle the various metrics that are used in determining whether a campaign is effective or not. Valuable information about how many people were reached, how much activity was generated, how much profits were brought, which aspects of the campaign generated the most response, and other key performance indicators will also be discussed.
- The Future – moving forward to a transmedia world is what Andre Yap, founder and CEO of Ripple 100, will discuss during his time at the podium. He will take particular note of how user-generated content can help promote, monetize, and build brands and communities. Also to be tackled are the different experiments that he is conducting in his digital media and technology lab specifically on user-generated content and on the interplay of content among the various media both traditional and new.
The SPARK Content Marketing Workshop happens at the SGV Hall of the AIM Conference Center in Makati City on October 19, 2012. The registration fee is P8,900 plus VAT. It’s down to P6,900 for those who will register before September 21, 2012. There’s also a promotional price for those who have already attended previous SPARK workshops.
You can find out more about the event here: