In recent months, Lazada.com has emerged as a strong competitor to Sulit.com as a popular online shopping destination.
Lazada was launched in early 2012 in the Philippines and other Asian countries such as Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam by Rocket Internet GmbH, a German company, but has already made a lot of inroads in the sector.
As a testament to how popular Lazada has become, top local fashion brand Maldita recently started to offer its products through the online shopping portal. It has also received many positive reviews from satisfied customers who have tried shopping at the site and become converts to the convenience of online shopping. What are the factors that have contributed to the success of Lazada in the Philippines?
- Great Deals. Of course, this is basic to the success of any online shopping portal. As long as a site can offer products at steep discounts, it will continue to attract customers. A quick look at the products offered by Lazada shows that it offers as much as 30% to 50% discount off regular prices on selected products.
- Easy navigation. The Lazada site makes it easy to find the product that you want as it is organized by product category, price, brand and other factors specific to particular products, such as display size, storage capacity and operating system if you are searching for mobile phones or tablets. Of course, you can also use the search function to locate a product by typing in the product name in the search field.
- Regularly updated inventory. Lazada offers the newest products that people are searching for. For example, it offered the iPhone 5 several months before it was officially launched in the Philippines and at a price that was competitive with the current going rate for the smartphone.
- Easy purchase process. Buying from Lazada is very convenient, since all you have to do is click on the “Buy Now” button to place products in your shopping cart and then complete a brief registration that includes providing your contact details, and then check out to complete your purchase.
- Convenient Payment Methods. While most online shopping portals require you to pay only by credit card, Lazada allows buyers in Metro Manila and selected areas such as Bacolod, Iloilo, Davao and Tacloban the option to pay in cash when the agent delivers the order, which a lot of Filipinos prefer. Metro Manila customers receive their orders five working days after finalizing payments, and the delivery outside Manila takes a maximum of ten business days. Of course, they also accept Visa and MasterCard, or you can choose the Dragonpay option, which lets you pay by depositing the money online or over-the-counter, or through non-bank methods such as via LBC or SM payment counters.
- Free Shipping. Shipping fees are waived for orders totaling P1,000 and up.
- No questions asked refunds. If you are unhappy with your order, you can return it within seven days for a refund, no questions asked, at your own cost. If the product is defective or the wrong product is delivered, your delivery costs will also be refunded.