These advanced measurement techniques for your website are something that you may want to check out.
Every online entrepreneur essentially competes with one another in achieving the same goal: to grab and keep the attention of Filipino netizens. If you’re among those who often end up wondering why your rivals are leaps and bounds ahead of you, then you should really engage in measuring your traffic and leads. We’re going to discuss about the sheer power of both eye tracking and click mapping technologies.
Discovering the Eye
Eye tracking is the process of measuring the eye activity/behavior of a website visitor. Where do they look? What do they ignore? How fast do they read your content?
I usually say that the eye plays an important role in deciding which offerings become synonymous with profit. I’m not merely referring to the question of whether a product is aesthetically pleasing however. I’m actually talking about the manner in which words and images are distributed throughout a webpage. Experts found out that even though people differ in terms of their preferences when it comes to design, they tend to act in the same way when looking at things.
Let me explain a bit further. Even though websites are filled with all sorts of content, visitors do not pay attention to every piece of information available. In most cases, netizens do not even look at colorful large-sized banners: marketing solutions that supposedly pique people’s interests. Instead of just glancing upon such advertisements, a person’s eyes move from one point of the page to another in a way that is driven by seemingly innate visual priorities.
So far, we’ve made it clear that even simple-looking pages could perform much better than their ad-filled counterparts in terms of boosting conversion could. As to be expected, you’re now eager to know the answer to a certain question: are there ways to use eye-tracking technologies without spending much money or facing the need invest in numerous learning materials? You’d surely be glad to know that there is. In fact, we’ve made a step-by-step guide:
- Look for an eye tracking service online that not only suits your needs and preferences but also has a cost-free trial option
- Sign up for an account and begin checking your website’s pages for all kinds of patterns and hotspots
- Take note of such details and move the information featured on the website’s pages accordingly, making sure that the most important points are placed in areas that coincide with the eye’s seeing pattern
- Once the appropriate changes have been made, it’d be a must to have the new-and-improved page evaluated again
- The ultimate goal is to minimize eye movement, which in turn means that a webpage’s gaze plot or heat map should be as simple as can be
I think you’re beginning to wonder though, whether it’d be possible to engage in eye tracking endeavors without relying on companies that merely gives marketers access to time-limited demos. Of course, there is. The Five Second Test is a completely free website optimization tool that makes use of a different approach in assessing eye movement. Instead of just letting a program simulate a person’s gaze, the Five Second Test encourages business owners to gain insights directly from people.
In particular, you’d be given the chance to choose between two kinds of tests: memory and click. The first one is what you’re looking for. The memory test is basically an activity that challenges an individual’s ability to remember parts of a webpage despite being given limited time. With this in mind, you’d surely understand that the test effectively represents what happens each day. When a netizen lands at a website, what gets noticed in the first five seconds makes or breaks the chances of making a sale.
Click Mapping Power
Click Mapping is the process of measuring the website visitor’s click activity. Where do they click the most? How many times do they click a menu? How long before they click a link?
Despite learning so much about eye tracking, you’re probably quite curious about click mapping. After all, I’ve mentioned it a bit when I discussed the Five Second Test’s options. Click mapping is just like eye tracking in many ways. When a person clicks on a certain part of a website, such an area also becomes the visual focus.
Making a Proper Map
Now it’s time to give you a brief guide on how to create and use a click map on your own. Here’s the six steps that you need to follow:
- Look for a suitable click mapping tool online, such as AttentionWizard, ClickHeat, and Five Second Test
- Follow the instructions that come with the tool that you’ve chosen and generate a click map
- Pinpoint the most often-clicked links on your website and try to group them together for the sake of enhancing visitor experience
- Determine which pages of your website are frequently visited through the use of links, making sure that such pages are also optimized
- Identify all the texts and images that needlessly get clicked on, carry out the necessary changes to their appearance to avoid confusion
- Distinguish call-to-action buttons that are driving conversions from those that barely provide any noteworthy result, changing the latter so that they’d become similar to their much more useful counterparts
A final word
You now know enough about eye tracking and click mapping. However, after realizing that making use of such marketing technologies could be a bit challenging, you’re probably thinking of one particular question: are they really worth the time and effort? I’d say that they are. In order to be successful in today’s highly competitive online market, entrepreneurs need to take full advantage of every measurement technique in existence.