I have always been fascinated by WordPress plug-ins and since I’ve spent so much time dabbling with such add-ons, I do feel the need to share my “findings”: read on to discover the 10 best “blog enhancers” to date.
- Google XML Sitemaps – While this add-on might not appeal to those who usually focus on improving a website’s “looks”, it would surely impress people who continuously worry about “crawlers”. Indeed, if you want your blog to have an immediate “search engine visibility boost” you definitely need this.
- WP Super Cache – If you have been blogging for quite some time, you would surely agree that “long processing times” often lead to problems. It is for this very reason that you should make use of this particular caching engine. Simply put, it creates non-resource-intensive HTML copies of your blog’s pages.
- Fast Secure Contact Form – I am not saying that there is a lack of contact form solutions; I am claiming that this is the best of the bunch. Essentially, Fast Secure Contact Form not only allows for convenient form creation, it also has anti-spam features that any blogger would appreciate.
- Akismet – “Comment spammers” are irritating. This does not mean though, that there isn’t a way to easily prevent them from “dirtying” your website. This plug-in automates the detection of common forms of spam, making it easier to keep your blog in “pristine” condition.
- Google Analyticator – Making sure that Google properly “logs” your blog is vital and thus you should find ways to “welcome” the search giant into your place on the web. As I’ve found out firsthand, using Google Analyticator is the easiest way to accomplish such a feat.
- Smart YouTube PRO – Many assume that attaching videos to posts is effortless. Well, being the eager blogger that you are, you know that the usual “add a video” method is limiting. This plug-in makes it possible to attach videos while retaining their full functionality.
- WP PostRatings – the AJAX Rating System is certainly a hit among bloggers. However, there are those who wouldn’t want to waste time setting up the necessary code. Fortunately, this plug-in automates the entire process, making it possible for the “impatient” to be rated.
- Events Calendar – I know what you’re thinking, WordPress has its own calendar feature and there is no need for a “plug-in alternative”. Well, this add-on surely outclasses its default counterpart in terms of sheer user-friendliness. Aside from this, it is also not “widget-ready theme” reliant.
- Members – You probably are facing difficulties in setting “roles” for members, especially if your blog is growing much faster than you anticipated. Worry not, as managing matters regarding “permission and privacy” is as easy as placing this add-on on your website.
- Efficient Related Posts – I should tell you that your readers would always appreciate a “related posts” list on every page. With this in mind, you should immediately make use of this plug-in so that coming up with a list of related posts would be as simple as adding a code.
Never hesitate to take advantage of these top-notch add-ons. After all, such seemingly-insignificant additions to a website are actually among the most important ways to remain ahead of the competition.