Go Daddy has become one of the world’s most popular web hosting and domain companies since it was founded in 1997, with some 53-million domain names under its management, making it the largest ICANN-accredited registrar.
It also has some 40 other product offerings including e-commerce services, search engine optimization and customized email addresses. In recent years, GoDaddy has increased its visibility by getting into sports sponsorship, sponsoring NASCAR driver Danica Patrick. What are the advantages of using GoDaddy as your hosting service?
- Tiered pricing packages. Since people have different web hosting needs, Go Daddy offers packages with different price and feature levels. For example, if you are building a website, you can choose from economy, deluxe and ultimate packages, that offer different bandwidth allocations, number of email accounts and memory space. These packages are also offered on different terms, with longer terms having cheaper rates.
- Affordable marketing services. GoDaddy also offers promotional services such as social media and email-based marketing as well as pay-per-click (PPC) advertising campaigns. For example, there are three email marketing packages ranging from $9.99 to $19.99 a month with different tiers of services and features such as number of subscribers, email templates and social visibility services.
- Cheaper prices. GoDaddy’s prices are reportedly 70% cheaper than its competitors, with new domain registration going for less than $13 and standard SSL certificates at $13 for single domains and $89.99 for multiple domains (up to five).
- Dedicated Customer Support. Go Daddy allows you to contact their customer service in multiple ways, including email, dedicated phone number and through their website. If you’re accessing customer service through their website, you can generate a help ticket and access online forms to get quick answers to their inquiries. You can even check system alerts as well as getting an idea of how long they will need to wait if they ask for assistance.
- Easy to Use. GoDaddy offers its clients a wide range of website creation tools, as well as more advanced features for experienced programmers.
- Domain Management Extras. If you register with GoDaddy or transfer your domains to them, you can enjoy add-ons such as a one-page website to personalize as well as a photo album and email address.
- Warranty. If you suffer financial losses as a result of an SSL certificate issued by GoDaddy, you can enjoy financial protection of as much as $250,000.
- Security. GoDaddy ensures the security of its clients by locking the domain names bought from them so they cannot be used by others, as well as securing its clients’ personal data against identity thieves.
Are there any disadvantages to using GoDaddy hosting services? In general, they have a good reputation with minimal complaints. Some of the minor problems that have been reported with them:
- You only get a limited number of email addresses and database memory size, making GoDaddy not a good solution for larger businesses.
- Customer support may be slower than comparable services due to the sheer size of its client base.