Microsoft’s search engine has been known in many different names in the past. Among these are the following: Live Search, MSN Search, and Windows Live Search. With Google being the leading Search Engine, I have personally observed that many Filipino brands adhere to the rules and regulations set by the largest Search Engine. Here’s my take on this matter: your business should not forget about Bing Search Engine too.
Microsoft revealed that their new search engine shall be known as Bing in a press conference help in San Diego in 2009. It has several notable changes from its predecessor. For example, Bing lists down suggestions for your search via an Explore pane. This is based on Powerset, a technology for Semantics that was purchased by the Microsoft Company in 2008.
In 2009, Microsoft entered a deal with Yahoo! They announced that Yahoo! will be powered by Bing.
Last year, Microsoft is making efforts in order to make Bing at par with the rest of the search engines. They have devoted time and efforts to improve the back end infrastructure for searching. This way, added prestige when it comes to indexing and ranking would be achieved.
The following are the features that you can maximize:
- Bing changes its background image on a daily basis. Most of the time, they feature sights all over the world. From time to time, they feature animals, sports, and people too. With this, a renewed interest was awakened among net surfers. Slowly, Bing is winning some following. This means that you should also consider ranking high in Bing a big achievement as well.
- For HTML-5, during notable occasions, Bing incorporates a featured video on its homepage. This makes it interesting to visit the Bing homepage on a regular basis.
- For some search results, it is normal to obtain sublinks or section links within the article in question.
- For some website, you can access the customer service number of the website you are searching for. If you are going to launch a website, never forget to include the business number so that Bing can display it too.
- If you are going to upload a video, it can be previewed via Bing by simply hovering your pointer over the thumbnail. This is good news for you because it will no longer be difficult to catch the attention of your potential visitors and future business partners.
- Bing users can easily filter images by virtue of layout, size, people, color, and style preferred.
- For video search, there are filters for resolution, source, length, and screen size.
- Bing gives add-ons like instant answers. You can have questions of sports, finance, mathematics, conversion of units, calculus computations, and even package tracking and tracing using Bing.
- Bing has a dictionary add-on that will help you define a word that you are not familiar with.
- Bing can also help with spell checking.
These features may sound simple but these prove one point: that Bing should not be set aside. It has a bright future ahead as a search engine.