Juice.ph is a unique entity – a lifestyle magazine that has successfully used both print and the Internet to create the definitive guide to what to do in the metro and beyond.
Testifying to this success is its triumph at the 11th Webby Awards, where it won for best lifestyle site. Juice.ph is a monthly free mini-zine that features the latest recommendations, as well as a website that features a wealth of resources for the city dweller on the go who is planning his night out or gimik. Juice partners with directory listing expert EYP.PH to ensure complete contact information and locator maps for venues as well as all other relevant details like operating hours. Here are some of the secrets of Juice.ph’s success.
- Constantly updated schedules. It can be extremely frustrating to go to a gig or a movie and find that you’re already late because the schedule was inaccurate. Juice reduces, or eliminates altogether, these problems, since it makes every effort to ensure that the information posted on its site is accurate.
- Comprehensive listings. Juice.ph features more than 200,000 listings for lifestyle options, ensuring that users will never run out of things to do on their weekends or holidays.
- User interaction. Juice.ph brings together its visitors into a community of involved users who post reviews, comments, ratings and otherwise interact with their fellow Juice fans.
- Interesting content. Juice not only features articles on the latest cultural happenings, but also a regularly updated blog from some of the most interesting people on the scene, ranging from celebrity endorser and Internet blogger Saab Magalona to restauranteur and surfer Lui Tortuya as well as members of the Juice.ph team.
- Complementary platforms. Juice’s mini-zine and its website are designed to complement each other, with the site pointing users in the direction of the zine, which is given away free in various metro establishments. Users can log on to the site for the latest events, and then refer to the zine as a handy guide and reference to where to go and what to do. And the zine also features interesting articles in addition to the event listings,
- More than just events. Juice also features coverage of the latest sports events as well as its Buhay Pinoy page, which features observations on what life is like in these islands, from commentaries on the latest news events to interesting and informative lists.
What are some of the things Internet marketers can learn from the success of Juice.ph?
- The value of using multiple platforms for content. Since people consume content in different ways, it is very important that you maintain a presence in different platforms to ensure that you reach the widest possible audience.
- The importance of meeting an important need. Juice thrives because it offers a service that people actually need – to provide them with a comprehensive and regularly updated list of lifestyle options.
- Content is still king. Juice is not just about the listings, but also provides unique articles and blog posts for users to enjoy and even reflect on.
Check them out here: